Glorious greetings in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord!
Special thanks for your prayers, presence, and participation in the 117th Annual Session of our National Convention. GOD truly blessed us through inspired preaching, informative presentations and much intentional fellowship. As we move forward to another year of service to our king, please consider the observations below and do your very best to support these initiatives in your local church, your District church, your Diocese church, and our National church.
- Grow the kingdom: Each One, Win One – We are encouraged to grow our membership by 10% ( local church, Sunday School, Brotherhood, UCWM, World Missions, etc.)
- Support the Capital Fundraising Campaign lead by the National Education TrusteeBoard. We need the involvement and participation of our entire leadership andmembership in partnering with the Education Board in this great effort to raise funds forChrist Missionary and Industrial College/School for: 1) capital improvements, 2) building repairs, and 3) long term debt elimination. Goal: $568,000.00
- Promote Back to Church Sunday: Sunday, September 15, 2013
- Attend the Christ Institute: September 24-26, Jackson, MS, for leaders and members. This is a special training conference on more effectively sharing Christ with our world. Please get additional details from your presiding prelate or your District Chairman.
- Support our two National Retreats: Brotherhood Retreat–March 7- 9, 2014, Houston, TX, and the UCWM Retreat – March 20 – 23, 2014, Indianapolis, IN
- Participate in the annual 40 Days of PRAYER: March 5 – April 13, 2014
- Encourage leadership and membership involvement in our monthly first Monday evening PRAYER CALL. Telephone Number: 712-432-1690 & Access Code: 112477#
In His Service,
Bishop Vernon E. Kennebrew, National President